Release NotesLatest Client Software Release Notes
November 26, 2018
These release notes provide information about the latest release of MediBackup client for Windows (5.9.4).
About MediBackup client 5.9.4
MediBackup 5.9.4 is a major release, featuring new functionality and enhanced performance. See New and Updated features to get a closer look at the novelties. MediBackup is a cross-platform, cost-effective, flexible, and versatile backup and recovery solution that enables businesses and ordinary users to perform automatic backups to MediBackup cloud storage services. Advanced features like encryption, compression, and synthetic backups facilitate more efficient, swift, and secure file transfer between your local computer and the cloud. Ultimately, the result is an unmatched conflation of reliable backup, automatic scheduling, and highly customizable backup configuration.
- Backup to our cloud service with ease.
- Local backup to hard drives and NAS-like storage solutions.
- Image-based backup.
- Encryption and compression for more secure and swift backups.
- Flexible backup & restore plans.
- Easy setup of backup plans with the ability to configure schedule, retention policy, and email notifications.
- Synthetic and block-level backup for expedited upload.
New and Updated Features
New and updated features in MBS desktop client 5.9.4.
Enhanced Hybrid Backup
The highlight of release 5.9.4 is unquestionably the modifications made to the way Hybrid Backup manages the dependency between local and cloud files. Namely, local and cloud files no longer form a dependency relationship and thus can be managed independently from each other. This enables more flexible modification of the existing Hybrid Backup plans and also fixes the inefficiencies of the previous implementation.
The last noteworthy feature of release 5.9.4 is the ability to update MediBackup Windows client with a single click. From now on, whenever you attempt to check for updates, MediBackup Windows client will prompt you to download and install the new version automatically. That way you don’t need to go through the hassle of downloading the installer from our website and following through the installation wizard.
In MediBackup 5.9.4
The following table illustrates issues addressed in release 5.9.4.
- Failure to restore an image-based backup to Some Windows Versions.
- Malfunctioning VMware backup after switching the product edition
- Incorrect Restore Wizard would appear when restoring SQL files from the backup storage tab
- Deleting multiple files took and excessive amount of time
- App wouldn’t sync the rotated drives before plan execution by default
- SQL backup wouldn’t restore with the latest files
- CLI output is not in JSON
- Inability to exclude proxy addresses
- Inability to create a file-level restore plan from CLI
- Refresh button would appear multiple times if language was switched
- Inability to edit an image-based plan with plan ID via CLI
The following table displays known issues that are to be addressed in the future releases of MediBackup desktop client.
- Delayed first scheduled execution
- Discrepancy between the reported and the actual backup size
- Failure to select Exchange 2016 databases
- Identical prefixes for multiple servers
- Enable backup of files with unsupported characters in filenames
Before installing MediBackup 5.9.4, ensure that your computer meets the following minimum software and hardware requirements.
- 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor;
- 512 MB RAM;
- 100 MB of free disk space;
- Internet connection.
- Windows 7/8/10 or Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016.
- Get the installer on the MediBackup Webaite.
- Double-click on the .exe file to launch the Windows installer. If some required software frameworks are missing, the installer will prompt you to fix it.
- On the first launch, enter the user’s credentials that were generated for you and sent to your email address beforehand.
- After launching the program, you can begin configuring backup & restore plans. Be sure check out our Help section that exhaustively explains all the pitfalls of setting up MediBackup desktop client.